Why is securing my network important?
Your network plays a vital part in your business, holding all the data that you need and all the applications that you use on a daily basis. It's important, therefore, that your network is sufficiently protected from hackers, viruses and other threats.
How can I protect my network?
The strongest approach to network security is one which is multi-layered. A combination of some, or even all of the precautions detailed below is the best way to keep your network safe. You wouldn't leave your office unlocked at the end of the day, so why would you leave your network unprotected?
Here are some of the ways that you can protect your network and servers:
- Physical protection by ensuring your servers and equipment are kept somewhere safe, and ideally locked with a key or a code
- Antivirus installation and support for this software, so that if something malicious does enter your system it can be contained and removed safely
- Firewall installation and configuration and support, to protect your private network (VPN)
- Intrusion detection software (IDS) to monitor your network for any malicious activity
- Regular security audits to check your system for vulnerabilities and ways it could be improved
- Use strong passwords so that your systems are less vulnerable to attacks
- Backup your data so that you won't lose everything if the worst happens
- Manage user access so that users only have permission to access to the programs they need
- Turn on automatic updates so that your protection stays up to date against the latest viruses
How can Transcendit help?
Transcendit are happy to take the time to go through your pre-existing network security with you, and discuss any vulnerabilities within that system. We can then suggest improvements or amendments, and make these changes for you. We can also set up 24/7 monitoring on your systems, so that if a problem occurs we can identify and solve it before it affects your business.
To discuss network security, call 0191 482 0444